When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change!!
Are you trying to conceive either naturally or with IVF?
Is the thought or the practice of getting pregnant stressful for you?
Are you suffering from a miscarriage, baby blues or just finding it difficult to relax?
For most people fertility, pregnancy and birth are a relatively straightforward process but for some starting, a family can be a very frustrating and emotionally painful time.
Some couples try for years without success and become more and more disillusioned. What should have been a natural event turns into the main focus of stress in their lives, this stress in itself is a block to becoming pregnant.
Many couples seek advice from their G.P and receive help through IVF methods. This can be a very upsetting and expensive experience especially after a number of attempts without success.
Using energy work to remove the emotional, psychological, physical or energetic blockages to this event, can help produce the positive result desired by the couple concerned.
I offer compassionate and confidential guidance to those couples wanting to fall pregnant.
Whilst no guarantee can be given for pregnancy to occur I have had a number of successful outcomes once the necessary energy work has been completed.
A joint session with both partners comes first with some energy work received by the lady.
Usually, both partners require three energy sessions with a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of four weeks between sessions. The energies need to be balanced in both partners.
There can be any number of reasons why pregnancy does not occur naturally, the energy work corrects any imbalance within both partners that may be causing the block to what should be an enjoyable natural event.
How to Boost Your Fertility
- For the guys, keep yourself cool.
Sperm develops best in a cool environment so no resting your laptop between your legs for any long length of time. Also, avoid long hot baths swop for cool showers it will increase your sperm count by five times. Also, swop tight underpants for boxer shorts.
- For the girls, moderate exercise such as housework, gardening, walking etc can increase fertility by three times and if receiving IVF treatment studies show that those who exercise regularly have a much better chance of success. Exercise stops the body producing excessive insulin which is thought to harm the development of healthy eggs.
- Sunlight boosts fertility in both sexes by increasing levels of vitamin D, vitamin D increases levels of the female sex hormones progesterone and oestrogen, which regulate periods and make conception more likely, it also boosts the sperm count.
- Stress can have a huge impact on fertility so take time to relax.
- Dairy products can help the ovaries work well, one serving of full-fat dairy a day reduces the risk of infertility by more than 25%.
- Take a multivitamin with key nutrients such as folic acid, vitamin B12 and selenium could more than double the chance of pregnancy.
- Pack in smoking, male smokers are more than 50% more likely to be impotent and have lower sperm count than non-smokers. Female smokers have a 30% lower fertility rate than non-smokers. Smoking can also prevent an embryo implanting in the uterus.
- Stop drinking alcohol, too much alcohol can impair ovulation and sperm production.
- There are phone app’s available for free such as Period Diary, Fertility Friend and Menstrual Calendar which help you work out your most fertile periods using your body temperature, period dates etc.
- Acupuncture can stimulate specific points on the body to help control ovulation and increase blood flow to the uterus improving the chances of a fertilised egg implanting.
- Have sex, conception success rises from 15% for couples having sex once a week to 50% for couples having sex three times a week. Regular sex keeps sperm healthy, the quality falls if it’s retained in the body for more than three days.
- Know when the best time to have sex is, on an average 28-day cycle this usually falls between day 10 and day 17.
- Lose weight as body fat produces oestrogen which confuses the body’s ovulation cycle. Losing just 5% of body weight can boost conception chances by about a fifth.
- Don’t be underweight as this can switch off your body’s ability to reproduce eggs as it senses there isn’t enough fat to sustain a healthy pregnancy.
- A diet high in refined carbohydrates like white bread, pasta and biscuits can affect conception. These foods raise blood sugar quickly causing an insulin surge that can impair fertility.
- Recreational drugs such as cocaine, marijuana etc have been found to lower sperm count and increase abnormal sperm, while female drug users have ovulation problems.
- Eat more oily fish, omega-3s which are found in oily fish such as salmon and in linseed may reduce the risk of miscarriage while improving sperm quality. These essential fats are crucial for healthy hormone functioning.
- 18/ Stop having caffeine, research has shown that just one cup of coffee per day can halve your chances of conception. It reduces the activity of the fallopian tube muscles which carry the eggs.
- Avoid painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen which can affect conception. They may suppress hormones called prostaglandins which help release eggs into the fallopian tube.
- Drink more water, if you do not drink enough water the body ensures that the more vital organs receive what they need first. The reproductive system needs to be hydrated to function correctly.